Sunday, September 24, 2017

What Supply Chain Means to Me

Image credit: Jane Lincoln
All of my life I have looked up to my dad. When I was accepted to Michigan State University I was beyond excited, but then I realized I had to choose what I wanted to study. For awhile I put it off and did not feel like thinking about it. After constantly putting it off it was time to try and figure out what I wanted to be, so I looked to my dad. He also went to Michigan State and he studied supply chain while he was there. Right out of College my dad got a job and was able to move up in that company through hard work and dedication. After moving jobs a few times, he is now Vice President of Change Management at Stryker, a medical device company.

After talking to my dad about all of the career options supply chain offers it made my decision much easier. Once I realized that I will get the chance to graduate through the number one program of supply chain in the country, I knew I made the right decision. There are a variety of careers that involve supply chain such as: purchasing manager, logistics analyst, logistics manager, and many more. I am eager to find out what career my skills fit in the next four years. Then, once I find out which one works for me, I hope to be able to work my way up through hard work just like my dad has been able to do. I am excited for what the future holds.

-Jarrod Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment